Ural Vagon Zavod Raises Metal Goods Output

22 November 2016 (13:45)

UrBC, Yekaterinburg, November 22, 2016. Ural Vagon Zavod Corporation’s Omsktransmash has been making increasingly more metallurgical produce in the last three years, the company press service reports.

‘Omsktransmash started making a whole range of new products in the last few years. The plant used to get a lot of orders for castings such as railway crossing clamps, couplers, and cross arms (fifteen different types of products altogether), but now the demand for these is down and we had to focus on manganese steel castings. These make up 90% of our output at the moment, whereas the remaining 10% are products made of carbon steel for special-purpose vehicles and for our own needs. All in all, 90% of our current products are targeted at civilians,’ the press service says.

The growing demand for civilian goods (dipper teeth, inside linings, track links, bars, cutter heads) has meant the plant is now making more new products, especially excavator spare parts. Also, the plan is to start manufacturing crawler belts for mining and agricultural vehicles, mill linings, and large-size spare parts for excavators in the first half of 2017, which is why Omsktransmash intends to introduce new metallurgical facilities at the plant.

Other materials on the topic::