Second subway line in Yekaterinburg to cost 40bn RUR

22 November 2013 (09:53)

November 22, 2013. The second line of Yekaterinburg subway will cost some 40bn RUR to build, Deputy Head of Yekaterinburg Administration Alexander Vysokinsky told reporters.

'About 80% of funding for the first line was supplied by the municipal authorities, and the remaining 20% were provided by Sverdlovsk Region and national authorities. At the moment, we cannot afford to start building the second line on our own, which is why we are currently negotiating on co-financing,' Vysokinsky said.

He pointed out that the same team of contractors that worked on the first line would be engaged for the construction of the second one, and Yekaterinburg Administration has already set aside a certain sum from the budget revenues for this.

Other materials on the topic::