KBTM to Celebrate 55th Anniversary

March 18, 2013. On March 22, 2013, one of Omsk Region’s largest enterprises, Transport Machine-Building Design Office (KBTM) that is a member of Uralvagonzavod Scientific & Production Corporation, will celebrate its 55th anniversary, the corporation’s press service reports.

KBTM was set up in 1924 and kept developing until 1940 at Plant 174 in Leningrad. In 1942, it had to be relocated to Omsk alongside Leningrad Tank Plant 174. The plant’s Chief Engineer’s Department was converted into a self-standing specialized Transport Machine-Building Design Office (KBTM) OKB-174 on March 21, 1958. In the later years, the office went through many forms of ownership, the press release states.

In 2008, the greater part of the assets that used to belong to OmskTransMash State Unitary Enterprise and were meant for the production, repairs, and modernization of armored vehicles was bought by KBTM. In December 2010, the enterprise acquired the rest of the production facilities that were meant for metallurgical goods production. On December 29, 2010, KBTM joined F.E. Dzerzhinsky Uralvagonzavod Scientific & Production Corporation. This signified a new stage in the company’s development.


Other materials on the topic::