Yekaterinburg Customs: Foreign Trade Turnover Down 13.6%

16 January 2017 (14:08)

UrBC, Yekaterinburg, January 16, 2017. Yekaterinburg Customs’ overall foreign trade turnover shrank by 13.6%, down to $8.2bn RUR, last year compared with the year 2015. 95.1% of foreign transactions were carried out with partners based outside the CIS, while the remaining 4.9% were carried out with partners based in the CIS member states, the customs’ press service reports.

The United States, Algeria, China, the Netherlands, Greece, Germany, India, Switzerland, and Italy proved Sverdlovsk Region’s most important foreign trade partners last year, with their share of the turnover at 17%, 13.7%, 8.2%, 7.6%, 6.2%, 5.6%, 3.1%, 2.9%, and 2.6%, respectively.

Imports came to 15.9% of the overall trade turnover ($1.3bn), exports to 84.1% ($6.9bn).

Metals and metal goods amounted to 43.9% of all exported goods; vehicles, equipment, and machines to 24.1%; and chemicals and indiarubber to 17%.

Vehicles, equipment, and machines amounted to 42.3% of all imported goods; chemicals and indiarubber to 25.7%; and metals and metal goods to 13.9%.

Other materials on the topic::