Short-circuit failure in Alatyr mall

Sverdlovsk Region division of the Russian Federation Ministry of Emergencies received a phone call regarding a fire in Alatyr shopping mall in the morning of December 16, 2009. Several fire brigades headed for the mall at once.


‘The firemen found out that a short-circuit failure occurred in the building, but luckily no fire broke out,’ the spokesperson for Sverdlovsk Region division of the Russian Federation Ministry of Emergencies said to UrBC.


In fact, the official opening ceremony of Alatyr has been scheduled for Thursday. The mall management is going to hold a press briefing on Wednesday evening.


The first visitors to the store were supposed to have shopped in MediaMarkt (the German electronic appliances and white goods chain store) as early as at 12 AM on December 10, 2009 but the mall proprietors refused to open the store and failed to inform the visitors about their decision, so hundreds of potential customers ended up waiting for hours in the street.


The mall’s management assumed full responsibility for the failed opening of the store.


In the meantime, after a major fire accident at Perm-based Lame Horse club that killed over a hundred people the authorities keep paying much attention to fire safety in public places.


Other materials on the topic::