New weighing equipment installed at Magnetitovaya mine of Vysokogorskiy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise

10 November 2006 (12:54)

New and more precise microprocessor-based weighing facilities were installed at two skip hoistings of Magnetitovaya mine of Vysokogorskiy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise (part of Evraz Group). These allow for strict control of the volume of ore extracted and provide stable compliance with the target winning figures.

The new facility consists of a number of detectors fixed onto the hoistings; depending of the skip motion speed, the rate of current and the voltage, the detectors transfer information on the mass of the load onto the dispatcher’s screen. The machine records the weight of each skip, the time it takes to transfer it onto the surface, and the amount of ore extracted within one shift. The microprocessor is capable of remembering the information for 99 shifts, then the data are gradually replaced.

Over 80 skips get onto the surface within one shift at Magnetitovaya mine. There are six hoistings altogether, two of which are used for delivering ore onto the surface and four – for transferring people and freights into and out of the mine, reports the spokesperson for Vysokogorskiy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise.

Other materials on the topic::