MMK to Retain Share of Coated Rolled Goods Market

UrBC, Moscow, March 17, 2016. Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works (MMK) intends to retain its share of the Russian coated rolled products market, even though the domestic consumption is expected to decrease this year, MMK representative said at the 11th Zinc- and Paint-Coated Rolled Products Conference in Moscow.

The representative said MMK’s share of galvanized rolled products market came to 31% last year, while that of the market for rolled products with polymeric coating came to 16%.

The home market is still the company’s priority one: 86% of zinc-coated products were sold in Russia last year, while the remaining 14% were exported to CIS member states and abroad. Likewise, 88% of goods with polymeric coating were sold on the home market, while the remaining 12% (rather than 7% in 2013) were delivered to customers in the CIS.

The company sees improvements in and enhanced efficiency of its production and sales efforts, as well as better customer service, as its key competitive advantages in the year 2016. The goal is to focus on the production of high quality coated goods and to expand the company’s product range.


Other materials on the topic::