Uralvagonzavod Corporation’s head plant holds seminar on product quality enhancement

September 17, 2014. Uralvagonzavod Corporation’s head plant in Nizhniy Tagil hosted its traditional seminar on product quality enhancement, the corporation’s press service reports.

The seminar was attended by representatives of railway carriage assembly, metallurgical, and mechanical assembly production departments, divisions, and administrations, as well as by workers of tool-making departments, non-standardized equipment production departments, and repair depots. Heads of quality control departments and production engineering offices and quality management system and business management system administrators also took part in the event.

‘We looked into our performance results for the eight months of 2014 and assessed the efficiency of quality management and business management systems. According to the preliminary estimates, the systems’ efficiency went up a bit compared with last year. For one, 60% of the quality management system’s processes were assessed as ‘fully meeting’ the ISO 90001 and GOST R ISO 9001 requirements; the remaining 40% were assessed as ‘good’. This is a good enough result, but it is the managers’ task to make it even better. For the first time, the business management system was evaluated against the IRIS (based on data available for the first half of 2014). The performance figures were 2.7% better than in 2013,’ the company says.


Other materials on the topic::